Times have been busy up here on the Island! Last week, we had 4 different events planned in our little shop including Christmas in July celebrations and a trunk show from Michigan hand bag designer, Jenna Kator. Days have been flying by and we are having a blast at work. However, I was very excited and very ready for a special 48 hours home. Monday morning, mom and Michael picked me up at the ferry docks in Mackinaw City and we made the trek home. Monday was spent enjoying family, ice cream, the St. Johns 4H fair and a late night talks about all of the summer "things" they have all done.
Home for an evening? Why not go to the 4H fair?
Tuesday was a special day and the main reason for coming home. A surprise visit to a special friend's bridal shower was in store! This trip home has been planned for almost two months and as the time approach, it became harder and harder to keep the secret from Grace. I was thrilled that I was able to have two days off of work and spent a lot of time brainstorming how I wanted to surprise her. In the end, I decided that simply showing up at the shower unexpectedly was the best way. And it was sooooo worth it! The reaction I got from Grace was great and made me even more excited to be there. I also had the benefit of seeing a lot of other dear friends who were at the bridal shower to support Grace and her fiance. It was a wonderful and encouraging time all around. Being together with the bride and some of the bride's maids made me even more excited for the wedding in less than 1 month.
Back in Mackinac City waiting for the ferry. Time goes soooo fast!
After the shower, I was able to spend extra time with the bride and groom at good ol' McDonalds simply enjoying spending time together as friends do. I was able to leave feeling refreshed and encouraged and am grateful for friendships such as these. Needless to say, Wednesday morning came much to fast! While I wasnt necessarily ready to leave the luxuries of home, Little Luxuires of Mackinac Island was calling my name for a 3pm shift :) I was welcomed back to the Island and the shop with open arms and smiles. It is amazing how much changes in such a little place in such a little time period.
So now the count down begins until Im home again for the wedding of Grace and Brad! Ill be home in 26 days and their wedding is in 29 days. Im excited for this marriage celebration and cant wait for the beautiful day. Im sure just like this past trip, the time with loved ones will fly by but Im learning to embrace and appreciate every moment given with the ones you love as well as my time up here on the Island. After all, it isnt every summer that you have the opportunity to live on an island for 4 months.
Well that is all for now friends :) Below is a video from music in the park last night that I thought to share as well as a few pictures from the evening.
Lots of Love,
Brittany
Music in the park on a beautiful island evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment