Friday, August 16, 2013

Friends, family, and the smell of stinky feet??


Wow what a busy month August has been! I can hardly believe that it is August 16th and that I have just about a month left on this Island. Where has the summer gone to? Needless to say, work has kept me very busy. Little Luxuries was finally able to hire another full-time worker and she is a very welcomed, very helpful addition to our shop. She is able to stay through the end of the season too. This means that I will have a companion and possible room mate for the month of September :)
Last Monday(my day off), my brother Adam and his girlfriend Aubrey were able to come and spend the day with my on Island. The weather wasnt the greatest but we made the best of our day and still had a great time together. It is very refreshing to see those that you love! We started out our morning visiting a local coffee shop to wait out the rain and then were able to bike around the Island. Afterwords, we caught some lunch at the Chuckwagon(best burgers on the Island!) and then went to bike all around inside the Island. Throughout the day it rained on and off. However, we were still able to continue biking during the rain. A little mud and rain never hurt anyone :) Monday night was very chilly and by the time 8:00 rolled around, I had a group of tired travelers that were more than ready to make the long trek home. Thanks for making the long trip Adam and Aubrey! I had a great day with both of you.

 It's only a LITTLE cold!



At the beginning of July, my room mate and I received an old mini-fridge to have in our room. We thought this would be amazing and were very excited that we wouldnt have to use the community fridge in the kitchen. It went great for about 3 weeks but that is when all of the problems started........The refrigerator hadn't been defrosted in who know how long and because of this.....the freezer section had grown to such big proportions, we could no longer shut the door. So now we were stuck with a fridge that is defrosting all over our carpet and no way to clean it up. Finally(last week) I had had enough of the the disaster, I decided that I was going to somehow clean the mess up and boy was I in for a surprise. The carpet was much more wet than I had anticipated and as soon as I moved the refrigerator, the whole room smelled like must and dirty sock! I have since been able to scrub the carpet with cleaner, dry the carpet, and know we are working on the smell. Hopefully, the baking soda will do the trick and eliminate the odor. I however am blogging in the kitchen at the dining room table because it smells too disgusting to be sitting in my bedroom right now.......where is mom to help clean when you need her?


 The mess......
 The culprit and the mess it has made! I wish I could somehow post the smell that this old thing has created in our carpet.

This morning I was able to do the last of the exploring that I have been waiting to do. There were a few more places that I had been told were really beautiful on the Island that I havent had the time to find yet. Well, today was the day :) I made it to Anne's tablet, the east bluff, the west bluff, and last night I rode past the crack in the island as well as the airport. The beauty of this place never gets old and the views are spectacular. Unfortunately, I only had my phone with me so these pictures arent the greatest but you will get the idea. God's creation is magnificent!

 Anne's tablet
 View from Anne's tablet

 The hike down from Anne's tablet

The east bluff. I can only imagine what the sunrise would look like in this place :)
That's all for now. Before I know it, I will be posting the last update on my Little Adventures at Little Luxuries. Enjoying every day to is fullest!
As always,
~Brittany~


No comments:

Post a Comment