Well after two exams Thursday morning, I left St. Johns with my two brothers and started to head north to Mackinaw Island. They were sweet enough to offer to drop me off :) We arrived at 4:30 just in time to catch the 4:30 ferry ride. I was met at the doc by my boss who helped me carry my suitcase and other belongings the rest of the way to my apartment. I will be living with 2 other girls this summer named Lauren and Mallory. Im excited to get to know them better...they seem very fun and really sweet!
This is the one spot that I have for my clothes......let's just say a lot of them are still in my suitcase :)
This is our room! Haha I told you it was squished. My bed is the bottom bunk
Water was a little choppy heading over. And it's pretty chilly up here.
Tomorrow I have to report to work at 6pm to start training in the shop which means that......I have a whole day to explore and get to know the Island and hopefully meet some people :) I still havent figured out where to put all of my belongings because, well there isnt much room in one small bedroom for 3 girls to put all of their stuff for a whole summer :) Also, I am still working on figuring out what to do with the food situation. To my surprise, the grocery store here has a lot of food that I can eat!!!!!! (which is huge) BUT.....i have no where to really store the food, lol so that is where my struggle is but that I will figure out with time. Lots more to come :)
with love,
Brittany



YAY for a good start to an incredible summer! I would have LOVED the chance to work on the Island during a summer. Can't wait to see more pics, read more stories, and watch how God works in you during the next couple of months.
ReplyDelete