Hello Everyone :) As many of you know, I am working on Mackinac Island this summer from early June through the end of September. Many of you have asked me to keep you updated as to how the summer is going and to share of any fun/crazy adventures that I have had. Soooooo, here goes my shot at a blog. I am promising to do my best! This is a pre-trip update. I haven't moved up to the Island for good yet but that time is quickly approaching. Over memorial day weekend, and friend from high school and I made a quick 2 day trip up north to the Island. During this quick trip, we moved most of my belongings into the apartment that I will be staying in; set up a PO box(let me know if you would like my address :)); registered my bike with the Mackinac Island police department; and many other little things. I was also able to meet my employer and visit the shop for a good look around. Little Luxuries is beautiful! Nicole has very creatively created a little shop that has everything "homey" and "artsy" and just simply fun. So if you need anything along that description, I know where to hook you up :). Nicole(my employer) and I were able to chat for a little while and get to know a few things about each other. She also introduced me to my two roommates who are also my other two coworkers for the summer. These girls seem very sweet and I'm excited to get to know them better as the summer goes on.
Well, that's all for now folks! I officially move to the Island on Thursday,June 6th after my OB and Nursing Strategies Exams. I'm in for a really busy last few days home but am ready for the challenge. Below is a list of prayer requests for the summer. Thanks for your prayers and I will do my best to keep everyone updated as well as I can! With Love, Brittany
Prayer Requests:
1. Please pray that I would make a solid group of friends up on the island- friends who are supportive, loving, and caring-friends who have the same morals as I.
2. Pray that I would adjust well to "island life", find a church, and get involved there as much as my work schedule will allow.
3. Pray that I wouldn't get too homesick. I will be missing a lot this summer with graduations, open houses, bridal showers, other wedding things, and family adventures. Please pray that I wold be able to celebrate with these people from a distance.
4. Safety! Pray that my trip up there will go smoothly and for protection throughout the duration of the summer. Moving up as a single girl to an island full of strangers is a little intimidating.
5. And last but not least: Pray that God would use me this summer for His glory. I am praying that God will use every opportunity to further his kingdom; whether that be with the people I serve at Little Luxuries or with my roommates and my friends that I will have. I am ready and available to be His servant. |
No comments:
Post a Comment