My first few days here on the Island have consisted on working and exploring. I've been working the 3-10 shift so I have a lot of time during the day to explore this new place that I'm living in and I'm loving it! There are so many trails to take, sites to see, historic boards to read, and every place has a story that goes along with it. Needless to say, I have not yet had a time where I have been bored but I'm sure that time is coming :)
I discovered very quickly that everywhere(and I mean everywhere) you go, there is a hill....usually in both directions! The first day, I thought these hills were going to kill me but even already, they are starting to get easier.
Sugar Loaf
Arch Rock
Arch Rock again
So this is a video from below the fort. These guys are singing Battle Hymn of the Republic. Kinda random and I found it comical so I though I would share
Trip around the Island
This morning I was able to go to Mackinaw Island Bible church which is held at the Mission Point Theater. It was very small but the service was very good. It felt amazing to be able to go back to something that was familiar and to be able to feel truly comfortable in a place where everyone had the same purpose-worshiping God! It amazes me how important and vital Christian fellowship is and I am very thankful that I have found this church and am able to do that here. So thanks to all of those who told me about this church in advance. I think it is going to be a major life line this summer :) Hopefully my work schedule will continue to allow me to go on Sunday mornings and then throughout the week to other activities that they have planned.
Beach
British Landing with Mackinaw Bridge in the distance
If you look closely, the Grand Hotel is peaking through the trees
View from Arch Rock




Such beautiful pictures, Brittany! I hope you have a wonderful summer!!!
ReplyDelete